$3,741,800 – Spring Valley Ranch
Spring Valley Ranch is truly phenomenal Throckmorton County land. The scattered ponds provide water throughout the acreage, while the "Heart" of this ranch is the unique oasis of spring-fed creeks running through the middle of the property. This unmatched portion of the North Elm Creek creates steller water features and provides a superior habitat for animals to thrive. The massive trees along the multiple creeks create ideal turkey roosts and areas of thick browse for the legendary white-tail roaming these parts. Native grasses throughout the ranch provide excellent grazing for cattle and superb nesting for the local quail coveys.
This rich, diverse landscape offers countless opportunities for recreational and agricultural activities. With over 10 miles of creek beds, this acreage has more to explore than most with extraordinary opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. The western pastures are moderately wooded with a surplus of grass, while large, bull mesquites and thick brush cover the eastern portion. Back off the beaten path is a small hunting camp with a metal building utilized as a "Mess Hall" outfitted with electricity, plumbing and a large awning with a couple of campers. This land has been cross-fenced into four pastures with a set of pipe-pens connected to each pasture and catch-trap near the highway to assist in working cattle. The thick, native grass comes from years of managing the brush and prickly pear to create the kind of substantial grass coverage that preserves the land for future herds. Spring Valley Ranch offers established grazing income for recreational hunters looking to purchase premium hunting land; this land is an investment protected by all of the owned minerals and executive leasing rights conveying with an acceptable contract. These are income producing minerals from an active well that has minimal impact on the land.
Spring Valley Ranch lies along the Great Western Trail, also known as the Fort Griffin Trail and the Dodge City Trail. A Historical Marker honors the path of the Great Western Trail along the boundary of this ranch and the highway. Many cattle ranches in the area where established by trading cattle from the passing herds on drives from Mexico to the northern markets in Kansas. Throckmorton still thrives on the local farming and ranching industry that was established by this trail so long ago.
- 133+/- ft of elevation change
- Ridge along southwest; Multiple draws; Views of the valley & creek bottoms
- Valley & creeks run from west to east
- Horse Creek connects with North Elm Creek; North Elm Creek splits and reconnects
- Rolling elevation to the north
- Tree Cover--Moderate to heavily wooded: mostly mature, mesquite, hackberry, elm, cottonwood, a few oaks
- Underbrush--Moderate to heavy: lotebush, ephedra (Morman's Tea), tasajillo, managed prickly pear
- Native Grasses--Neighbor grazes; Willing to stay; Not over-grazed
- Over 2.5 miles of the North Elm Creek -- Long, deep pockets of live water
- Over 1.25 miles of Horse Creek -- End of Horse Creek as it adjoins North Elm Creek
- Over 1.25 miles of an unnamed branch on North Elm Creek -- Wide, rock-bottomed
- Springs in North Elm Creek that survived the drought!!
- Five ponds- 1/2 ac to 3/4 ac
- 400 sq ft-Metal building
- Electricity meter & 1,200-gallon water storage
- 1,200 sq ft awning & barn
- Two campers
- Completly fenced-Good to fair
- Cross fenced-Good to fair
- Three sets of pipe-pens
- ATV/UTV interior roads-Good to fair
- Abundant deer, turkey, and hog (game pics coming soon)
- Dove, duck, quail, and varmint
- Channell Catfish, perch and carp
- Hunted by owners
- 12.5% minerals & executive leasing rights owned and available
- One oil well, One injection/disposal well
- One underground pipeline
- Hwy 283/183 -- 1.3 miles of paved frontage
- Listing Broker must be present at all showings.
- 1 mile north of Throckmorton
- 43 miles west of Graham
- 80 miles southwest of Wichita Falls
- 130 miles west of Fort Worth
- 216 miles east of Midland
Listing Broker: Boone Campbell (940) 282-5500
No Trespassing. Please contact a Campbell Farm and Ranch team member for a showing. Campbell Farm and Ranch welcomes all cooperating agents and brokers. Cooperating agents and brokers must make first contact with the listing agent and be present at all showings to fully participate in commission split. The information contained in this advertisement is understood to be accurate and reliable but is not guaranteed. Please verify all information before using the information for decision-making purposes.
- Address:N Hwy 183
- Price Per Acre:$2,650
- Hunting Land
- Recreational Land