Oak Ridge Ranch
Oak Ridge Ranch, nestled in the southwest corner of Young County, lies in the heart of the Clearfork Valley, arguably the most sought-after whitetail deer hunting area in the county. This diverse 186-acre tract contains exceptional mature post oaks along the ridges and draws, as well as massive live-oak mottes. A substantial ridge running along the northern flank of the ranch offers spectacular views of the valley to the south and east, providing several ideal locations to build your custom cabin or country estate.
Oak Ridge Ranch contains outstanding wildlife habitat coupled with stunning topography that leaves a lasting impression. As one enters the property, the northern high ground gives way to a centrally located valley with fertile soils currently boasting thick native grass and big bull mesquites. Heavily trodden game and varmint trails traverse this pristine cover. The oak-covered mesa just south of the valley contains an abundance of acorns for the local turkey and whitetail, while the valley itself provides a raw canvas for future food plot opportunities. Almost the entire ranch draws water through a 1+/- acre pond on the western boundary, which attracts seasonal ducks and plenty of hogs for a year-round hunting experience. Another small tank is tucked back in the thick oaks and abundant browse along a small wet-weather creek. The rugged, changing terrain, coupled with the internal road system, creates a grand feeling of much more acreage than what's actually under the fence.
Hunting pressure has been light; Oak Ridge has been resting for the past two years. The owners recently had a rural water line run to the property and purchased one of the last water meters available to the area. Electricity runs along the paved FM 1974 frontage, where it runs through the entire northern boundary. With the utility infrastructure in place, Oak Ridge Ranch is a one of a kind hunting and recreational property that is ready to be customized to one's liking. Unlike most ranches for sale in this area, Oak Ridge is clean with no oil and gas production on the property. To schedule a showing or request more information, please contact Heath Kramer with Campbell Farm and Ranch.
- Tree Cover-Heavy to moderate; post oak, live oak, mesquite, elm, hackberry
- Under Brush-Skunkbush sumac, algerita, elbowbush, lotebush, ephedra, winged-elm, prickly pear, tasajillo
- Native Grasses-Currently leased for grazing-Willing to stay
- Deer, duck, and dove
- Turkey, hog, and quail
- Ample wildlife
- Currently leased for hunting-Willing to stay
- 2 tanks/ponds
- Multiple draws w/ big water potential
- Rural water meter on property and electricity available
- Completely fenced-Fair to great
- Brand new fence on the west boundary
- High fenced on the south end
- Caliche and dirt interior roads-Great to fair
- No oil and gas production
- No minerals available
- No oil and gas roads or equipment
- Access from FM 1974-1 mile
- 14 miles north of Breckenridge
- 18 miles southwest of Graham
- 58 miles northeast of Abilene
- 80 miles west of Weatherford
- 100 miles west of Fort Worth
Listing Agent: Heath Kramer (940) 456-0575
No Trespassing. Please contact a Campbell Farm and Ranch team member for a showing. Campbell Farm and Ranch welcomes all cooperating agents and brokers. Cooperating agents and brokers must make the first contact with the listing agent and be present at all showings to fully participate in commission split. The information contained in this advertisement is understood to be accurate and reliable but is not guaranteed. Please verify all information before using the information for decision-making purposes.