Mt. Zion Horse Ranch
Country living is comfortable in this sophisticated, spacious ranch estate offering 95 acres of sweeping views and a timeless Austin Stone home. This two-story residence has a thoughtful layout designed to delight. Mt. Zion Horse Ranch provides an abundance of entertainment space with a two-story great room overlooking the lavish, manicured terrace accompanied by an elegant formal dining room with eat-in gourmet kitchen, and enclosed portico for outdoor cooking. The first-floor master suite is a relaxing retreat with a sitting area and sizable adjoining bath. Two bedrooms are located upstairs via the main staircase and share a full-size bathroom with granite counter tops and custom lighting. Adjoining the main building is a three-vehicle carriage house. This structure includes a downstairs private office while the upper level consists of a hobby room and a gentlemen's study. The study is an owner's retreat with a custom stone fireplace, wood beam ceilings, and wet bar with cold storage.
This diverse 95-acres has all the characteristics that any land lover would want on their ranch. Bridges Branch of Little Sunday Creek runs through the Northeastern corner producing towering oaks and elms. Good interior roads access the scattered ponds stocked with fish. The wooded creeks and draws create pockets of substantial, dense woods capable of protecting the abundance of wildlife in the area. The acreage has outstanding fencing and a well-built barn for ranching with ease. The "Horse Barn" is constructed of metal and includes three stalls and several sets of pipe pens. Mt. Zion Horse Ranch is designed to enjoy the outdoors and entertain those you love.
CUSTOM BUILT HOUSE
- 4,900+/- sq ft; 4 Bedrooms; 3.5 Baths; Built-in 2006
- Austin stone: metal Roof; concrete driveway
- Open concept living room-kitchen area; half-bath; formal dining room
- Main-living area has custom woodwork, cathedral ceilings, and an authentically stained-glass window
- Bay windows with a scenic view onto the stone terrace and pergola
- Adjoining the living room and kitchen is an enclosed porch ideal for grilling and entertaining
- Master suite with private access to the back patio and a large en-suite bath
- Two upstairs bedrooms, sharing a full bath, accessed via staircase above the living room
- Large covered porch, lush garden grounds, rocked path to and around the fishing pond
- Owners study-Wood accents, river rock fireplace
- Secret" built-in storage closets tucked into the facade access by a separate stairway.
- The study shares a full bath with the fourth guest room.
- 5,400 sq ft-Horse barn
- 3,600 sq ft enclosed; 3 Stalls; Office; Concrete flooring
- 1,800 sq ft of awnings-Concrete floors
- Excellent Fencing & Cross Fencing--5-strand barbed wire; cedar staves
- Alleys, Traps & Pens -- Well thought out for ease of use.
- Several small stock tanks as well as large ponds
- Three ponds around an acre-Stocked
- 1,400+ ft of Bridges Branch of Little Sunday Creek on the NE corner-Wet weather creek
- Water supplies house from 1-acre pond; Water treatment system
- Irrigated Landscaping
- Stocked pond with fishing dock
- Rural water-line on Mt. Zion Rd
- Tree Cover--Heavily wooded; Post oak, live oak, black-jack oak, mesquite, juniper, cedar-elm
- Underbrush--Light to heavy; Elbowbush, skunkbush, bumelia, algerita, very little prickly pear
- Native Grasses--Neighbor leases for grazing; Willing to stay
- 50 ft of Elevation; House built on a hill overlooking the land
- Dramatic along the western boundary
- Flat, productive bottom country to the creek
- Abundant deer, turkey, and hog (game pics coming soon)
- Duck, dove and some quail
- Bass and perch
- Not hunted
- No active production
- Some minerals owned
- Mineral estate negotiable
- Just over a mile from I-20
- Main Entrance on Mt. Zion Road - 2,685+/- ft. rocked
- CR 118 - 2,020+/-ft. rocked
- Listing Broker must be present at all showings.
- 5 miles southeast of Gordon
- 13 miles east of Strawn
- 28 miles north of Stephenville
- 37 miles west of Weatherford
- 65 miles west of Fort Worth
- 88 miles east of Abilene
- 96 miles from Dallas
Listing Broker: Boone Campbell (940) 282-5500
No Trespassing. Please contact a Campbell Farm and Ranch team member for a showing. Campbell Farm and Ranch welcomes all cooperating agents and brokers. Cooperating agents and brokers must make first contact with the listing agent and be present at all showings to fully participate in commission split. The information contained in this advertisement is understood to be accurate and reliable but is not guaranteed. Please verify all information before using the information for decision-making purposes.