Woodson Ranch is superb hunting land with excellent grass and forb production. The acorn yield in this region last year was astounding with signs of a similar crop to come this year. The NE portion of this acreage contains large, mature live-oaks providing ample shade and acorns by the thousands. The rolling elevation on the western half of Woodson Ranch has moderate mesquite cover with exceptional grass. The centrally located pond provides water for cattle while attracting ample duck and droves of dove from the area. The SE portion contains the best soils and the thickest mesquites. A small pond, that's really more of a hog waller, sits in the middle of this thick cover. This land is a raw canvas of hunting potential with an outstanding grass lessee to keep taxes low, and the land managed in a sustainable manner.
- COVER -
- Tree Cover--Moderate to heavy: Mature mesquite, live oak, hackberry, prickly ash
- Underbrush/Browse--Moderate to thick: lote bush, elbow bush, bumelia, some prickly pear
- Native Grasses--Leased for grazing; First-Rate Grazing Management; Willing to stay; $10 per acre
- TERRIAN -
- 40+/-ft of heavily rolling elevation changes
- Draws with views; Build-sites in oaks
- Draws water thru the NW and the SE
- WATER FEATURES -
- 1+ acre pond-Centrally located, good water levels; Can be improved
- Small stock tank; Dries up during summer
- Fort Belknap Co-Op Water-line on Hamilton Rd (meters available)
- WILDLIFE -
- Superb whitetail and dove
- Turkey, duck, and quail
- Wild hogs and varmint
- Leased for hunting; Willing to stay
- RANCHING IMPROVEMENTS -
- Fair fencing on N, W, and part of South
- 6,000 ft on SE corner not fenced--Negotiable
- Electricity lines through property; No active electricity meter
- MINERALS -
- 2 Producing oil wells; 1 non-producing well
- 1 Mile pipeline easement & 2 electricity easements
- Contact Broker regarding Mineral Ownership
- ACCESS -
- Gate on Hamilton Rd
- Listing Broker must be present at all showings or preview with Buyer's Agent.
- DISTANCES -
- 16 miles northeast of Woodson
- 21 miles southeast of Throckmorton (Closest Airport)
- 24 miles west of Graham (Closest Airport w/ Fuel & Service)
- 36 miles northeast of Albany
- 110 miles west of Fort Worth
- 227 miles east of Midland
Broker's Comments -- This is an exceptional hunting ranch with heavy mesquite cover and mature live-oaks. This area produces large white-tail and is known for strong grass production for cattle. This 320-acre tract has been operated as a portion of a 1,601-acre property marketed as PS Pasture. More acreage available, and a separate mineral owner is willing to sell a portion of their owned mineral estate including executive leasing rights. Call for more details.
Listing Broker: Boone Campbell (940) 282-5500
No Trespassing. Please contact a Campbell Farm and Ranch team member for a showing. Campbell Farm and Ranch welcomes all Cooperating Agents and Brokers.
***Cooperating Agents and Brokers must make the first contact with the listing agent and be present at all showings to fully participate in the commission split.***
The information contained in this advertisement is understood to be accurate and reliable but is not guaranteed. Please verify all information before using the information for decision-making purposes.