Murray Ranch is 640.12 acres of top of the line hunting and grazing land located on the Throckmorton/Young County line. This acreage sits in an area of Texas known for producing large whitetail bucks and droves of seasonal dove. This robust land produces superior native grass and preferred forbs. Calves in past operations have had significant gains while feeding in these pastures than compared to wheat fields with mounds of supplements. These pristine pastures contain thick stands of tall, native grasses with moderate underbrush that is not too thick from overgrazing. The decades of stewardship genuinely shine through on Murray Ranch.
Animals of all kind thrive in this diverse habitat that has retained the preferred native browse and cover. This land has produced a healthy herd of white-tailed deer for many years. The proper management and rotation of cattle on Murray Ranch have created superior nutrition to grow big bucks. The many draws running through this property bring in animals from the numerous wheat fields in the immediate area. These exceptional conditions over many decades have created strong genetics that lasts season after season. The tree cover is thick enough for bedding and protection with other areas that are thin enough to allow sufficient grass growth to provide seeds eaten by quail, turkey, and other wildlife. The live oaks and post oaks that are not as common in Throckmorton County, but are visible on the majority of the ranch provide seasonal acorns in abundance. This recreational land is 100% wooded but has areas with soils capable of producing lush food plots and sunflowers to bring in even more game. Murray Ranch has the characteristics of a superior low-fenced hunting ranch with the history not only to prove but to sustain.
- COVER -
- Tree Cover--Moderate to heavy: Mesquite, live oak, post oak, hackberry, prickly ash
- Underbrush/Browse-Moderate to thick: lote bush, elbow bush, gum bumelia, some prickly pear
- Native Grasses--Leased for grazing; First-Rate Grazing Management
- TERRIAN -
- 70+/-ft of rolling elevation changes
- Multiple high points and draws with views
- 60+/-ft Draw on NE corner -- Surface water potential
- 3 Draws on west side; 1 Draw to the south
- WATER FEATURES -
- 3 Ponds: 1+ acre; 1/2 acre;1/3 acre
- Small stock tank
- Multiple opportunities for more surface water
- Fort Belknap Coop Water-line on Hamilton Rd
- WILDLIFE -
- Superb whitetail and dove
- Turkey, duck, and quail
- Wild hogs and varmint
- Leased for hunting; Willing to stay
- RANCHING IMPROVEMENTS -
- Mostly fenced-Fair
- 6,000 ft on southeast corner not fenced--Negotiable
- Cross fenced into 320-acre pastures
- Electricity lines through property; No active electricity meter
- MINERALS -
- 3 Producing oil wells; 2 non-producing wells; 1 injection well
- 1 Mile pipeline easement & 2 electricity easements
- Surface estate only; Willing to consult with buyer on surface use provisions on any future lease.
- ACCESS -
- Gate on Hamilton Rd
- Listing Broker must be present at all showings or preview with Buyer's Agent.
- DISTANCES -
- 16 miles northeast of Woodson
- 21 miles southeast of Throckmorton (Closest Airport)
- 24 miles west of Graham (Closest Airport w/ Fuel & Service)
- 36 miles northeast of Albany
- 110 miles west of Fort Worth
- 227 miles east of Midland
Listing Broker: Boone Campbell (940) 282-5500
Broker's Comments -- This acreage is very scenic land for Throckmorton County. The Throckmorton/Young County line is known for exceptional white-tail genetics. The northern 320 contains mature oak coverage and beautiful topography changes. The elevated live-oaks are visible from most of the ranch. The southern 320 has more mesquite cover due to the better soils, but most of the pasture is still thin enough to walk or ride a horse without problems. There are sizeable wheat fields to the west with other wheat fields within a mile in all directions and draws to lead the animals into the cover. More acreage is available, and a separate mineral owner is willing to sell a portion of their owned mineral estate including executive leasing rights. Call for more details.
No Trespassing. Please contact a Campbell Farm & Ranch team member for a showing. Campbell Farm & Ranch welcomes all cooperating agents and brokers.
***Cooperating Agents and Brokers must make FIRST CONTACT with the Listing Agent/Broker and be present at ALL SHOWINGS to fully participate in commission split. Commission splits will be at the sole discretion of Campbell Farm and Ranch, LLC***
The information contained in this advertisement is understood to be accurate and reliable but is not guaranteed. Please verify all information before using the information for decision-making purposes.